Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Recent Doings


Saturday was one of the coldest days we went out, but it had nothing on MN skiing!

In the past six weeks we have been skiing at least once a week. Let me tell you that kind of regularity does wonders for one's confidence and boldness on skis (and I am not talking about Odin). What comes to mind about skiing here in Washington? For the first time I am warm, I have even been hot a few times. Most days it has been snowy, or ice pellet-y. Odin has the ability so ski in the trees on the sides of runs. I remember doing that when I was young too. It was a blast, now mostly it is terrifying, wondering how he's going to manage around obstacles and not run into someone when he pops out at the end. Not to mention I am about 3 feet too tall for most and my skis are about 60cm too long to comfortably fit and turn on the narrow little trails.


Laying some tracks on deep snow.. He was actually walking because it was so flat.


Can you find him? The one complaint of his new ski jacket. . . it is hard to see. (He's coming out from the trees)

Last weekend we skied on Saturday and played here on Sunday. We mowed the lawn, I dug up some more dandelions (my count so far is about six five-gallon bucketfuls). Then we all went swimming at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment