Tuesday, April 12, 2011

$0.05

I made a deal with Odin this morning- for every dandelion flower he picks, I would pay him five cents. I came up with it on a whim, and have been working it out as I go. So far so good. Today he made $4! 


He filled his bucket and then we counted them together, at one point he counted up to 28. Maybe I should have looked behind the house at the dandelion patch first. 

He is going to make a few dollars off of me yet.  I think this could go a long way in helping him learn money management, saving and spending. He is already talking about what he could buy. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! We've joked about this, but hadn't tried it yet. He's going to clean you out!
    Jim got a nickel for every fly he could swat when he was a kid. That sounds more like I something I could afford. Have fun!

    Have you tried frying the blossoms? Its cathartic!

    ReplyDelete