Monday, April 4, 2011

Our recent International Vacation



A week ago we returned home from a weekend in Whistler, British Columbia. We went with one of John's childhood friends (and also the best man at our wedding) and his wife. They had a hotel loft that they invited us to share with them. It was a great weekend, it is fantastic the Johno lives so close to his best mate from growing up. They got to ski together and I am sure for the better part of the weekend they both felt like they were 14 reeking havoc on the ski hill.

It was my first time at a big ski resort. yes I have skied in Montana, and Colorado, and countless places here in Washington, but Whistler was the first "resort" type ski area for me. The village was very nice, I am sure last years winter Olympics had a big part of that. I was amazed at how big it was, how much terrain they have and how helpful the staff on the mountain was. Every time we pulled out a map it seemed like a "mountain host" was right there asking if we had any questions. The skiing was great. Odin and I won the last skier in prize on Saturday, we even out lasted Mike and Johno.

The drive went great. It was about six hours I think. Not too bad for world class skiing!


One of the many places just for kiddos. The tree house on Whistler Mountain.


The magic castle over on Blackcomb Mountain


At the playground in the village.


There was also a great slide made of rollers.



Riding the tallest and longest gondola in the world.

3 comments: