Monday, April 27, 2009

Tiny Garden

I have always wanted one of these tiny little ecosystems, but it has always ended with the wanting. Never doing. I have seen lots of little terrariums recently online, and thought that might be a good place to start.
Found a cool old canning jar, complete with lid, at a garage sale on Friday. Now it is our very own terrarium. Odin helped with all aspects of it. He is very excited about "his" little garden. It is currently in our kitchen, nest to his Chia pet. It makes me smile every time I see it. Well worth it. I hope I can keep it alive.
I used the "real" camera for this one. The battery quit just after taking this picture. I hope to post more after it is done charging, but could not wait to share.

1 comment:

  1. Its so funny, I keep seeing those old mason jars too and keep wanting to do the same thing...mostly because it would be cat proof. very very cool.

    ReplyDelete