Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Smells like teen spirit

Last weekend Odin and I went up to see Grandma and Grandpa, actually it was really to get in one last day of skiing.. Oh and we left Michelle at home for some much needed R & R. We had a great time skiing, Odin rode the J-bar by himself. I had a panic moment watching him go up and realizing that we had not discussed getting off. He took cues from a little girl ahead of him and figured it out on his own. He had so much fun on it he went up again.

Oh the way back to the Twin Cities on Sunday Odin was chattering randomly, whilst I was listing half- heartledly to NPR. The show was interviewing a man that wrote a book about Kurt Cobain, and I was not really paying attention. At the end of the segment they played the song Smells Like Teen Spirit, and I turned it up. About halfway throught the song in a whiny preteen voice, "Oh dad, TURN THAT MUSIC OFF!" Yeah- I wasn't expecting that for a few years. I guess he is not a fan of the whole grunge scene. So much for thinking that my generations music was so cool that all future generations would love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment