Monday, October 3, 2011

Food Swap

Last week I participated in a food swap. An event where you can choose to trade foods that you made, foraged, grew or otherwise produced with someone else. The event was new to me, I had never heard of one of these, but apparently they are happening all over the country, including Minneapolis!
I thought for a long time about what to bring. One of the rules is that all items are traded one to one. So I didn't want to bring anything in a big jar (like all of my quarts of cherries!).

I decided to bring bread (four loaves), sourdough starter (not pictured), cookies and english muffins.


In return I brought home lots of jam, Chai liquor, French Macaroons, a chilli dinner pie, lavender shortbread,  and some fancy chocolates.

We had one of the jars of jam this weekend. It was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment