Friday, September 30, 2011

Chev

 Yesterday I resealed the roof seams on the Chev Chalet. Every place where something is attached to the roof needed to be extra, for sure, no question watertight.. I would take a picture, but it is not really that interesting and I don't want to see the roof again for a while.
 It has been a long process getting the rig ready for winter/rainy season. Most school days for the past week I have been re-caulking the windows and scraping peeling and prepping the roof for the seam sealer. The directions for the sealer said it could be brushed or troweled on. It was thick gloppy stuff. Looked like marshmallow fluff, spread about the same, a tad less runny, and smelled toxic.
It's a good thing I finished when I did. There were a few rumbles of thunder at the bus stop today and here is our forecast for the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment