Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today


Technically this was last night after dinner, but still very timely.

Such a great day today. I am partially glad it was St. Patrick's Day so Odin doesn't start to expect this much activity on any random Thursday. We started out this morning riding bikes (he used the add- a-bike not the giant) to the local Childrens Museum (many thanks to the Casper family).


Giant wall of push the pin side to side stuff...Yes that is my face at the top. I could have played with that the whole time.


My moon sand slug from the sand table. Odin had loads of fun too but wouldn't hold still long enough for my camera phone... (sadly the only camera I managed to bring)

Last night as I was looking into logistics I noticed that the chance of rain today was pretty low and thought bikes would be great. It was a little cool this morning, high 30's, but it is March after all. The rain held off until about 20 minutes after we came home.

We had lunch and then made some pudding that my sister posted on her blog. Odin thought it was pretty neat, and also a lot of stirring. It turned out to be the perfect activity/desert for us tonight.


Stirring the dry ingredients.


After the pudding was made and had chilled for a while we separated it into six baggies and added some gel food coloring then mixed and kneaded until uniformly colored.


I am certainly no food stylist (or food blogger for that matter) but this project was actually pretty and tasty, not just tasty.

Then it was almost time to get ready to go to his new gymnastics class. We found a local gym and went to their preschool open gym last week. They let you try a class to make sure it is a good match but I knew before class was over that he was having a great time. They are mostly in the smaller gym upstairs but spent about 20 minutes in the big gym.

And in hounor of St. Patrick's day I made corned beef for dinner. But because I am a selfish cook, and the thought of boiled beef and cabbage is not appealing, I made corned beef hash and eggs. Paired with a Murphys it made my day, or maybe week! The unfortunate part is both John and Odin enjoyed it as much as i did, so I had to fight off some pretty strong competition.



Now what are we going to do tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment