Sunday, March 6, 2011

Olympia


There is much to report from our week without internet access. The day we arrived in Olympia I got sick. I presume I was sick the day before but not willing to admit it. We arrived got keys for the house, took the car off the auto transport and parked the truck in the driveway. After John shoveled the driveway from the rare Olympia late February snow storm.




By this time I had a fever, a real one, just under 103 it lasted for about three days. John worked as I lay on the floor in our new room to unload some of the detritus at the back of the truck.
From there we went back to Tacoma for the night to Mike and Kim's and I went to bed before Odin.
Saturday morning Move in Day. I was useless. I mean useless. John used the hand truck to move boxes in. By the afternoon I was able to help in little ways, folding blankets, moving things inside the house. Mike came in the afternoon and he and John unloaded the truck together. The goal was to have the truck back to Uhaul by 7pm then get some dinner.

Here is the highlight reel from the past week.

Playing outside






Odin starting his new preschool (it's great!)

The understanding that unpacking is a process just like packing was, it is not all going to happen in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment