Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wings to fly

A couple of times this winter I have let Odin play outside without me. I don't know if it better that it is wintertime when he is out without supervision or worse. he is playing with the neighbor (boys) they are ages 4, 5, and 6. Any older and I might wonder about mischief making but at their age they just want to play.
Today I was out with them for a while, watching them play enjoying the sunshine and the snow. Then I got cold, most likely because I was not running and jumping as much as they were. When I came in the sun was peeking out from behind some clouds, the shadows long and everything looked magical.
That is how I remember winter. How magical and still everything was. It is still so clear in my mind.
I enjoy sitting back and letting him discover the wonder and glee outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment