Monday, January 5, 2009

Travels

Traveling with a toddler (when does "toddler" just become "kid" by the way?) has never really scared me. Although I am pretty lucky to have a kid that likes to check out new things and is willing to put up with two (6 hour) days in the car to go to Michigan for Christmas.
We drove to Rockford, Il the first day and stayed at a hotel overnight. They have a pool and it is a nice way to gear up for another long day (plus Johno has a TON of Hilton points so it's free!). Odin and I usually go this route. Sometimes if we are all tree driving to MI we push on through.. I must say I do prefer to stop. I am starting to feel a little too old to sit/drive for 12 hours in one day.
We saw some friends in Chicago the next morning then were off to points east. Around Gary Indiana we hit blowing and drifting snow.. It kept on getting worse until Benton Harbor, Michigan.. Total white out. Very slow, but we made it out.

Of all the storms in the country that week, I think we made it through pretty easy. And we didn't have to worry about driving for a few more days at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment