Sunday, July 7, 2013

New things

Today I did something new. I paid somebody to come to my house and watch Odin. In 7.5 years I have never done that before. Odin reminded me this morning that we used to do a childcare exchange with our neighbors in Minnesota. We would go out one evening as they watched Odin, and then we would watch their kiddos while they went out. It worked out great but no money changed hands. This time it was the real deal.
Want to know what I did today when I paid somebody $28 to watch Odin? I went and rode "my" horse.
John is out of town on business and it's my weekend too. I think all parties had a good time. I know I did!

After I came home this afternoon, Odin and I stopped by the fabric store. I wanted to buy some fabric to make a saddle bag. While we were in the store Odin noticed all of the fleece fabric and commented on how nice it would be to have a blanket made out of the cuddly fabric. So, on a whim, I decided that we would make him a new blanket. He picked a Star Wars theme for one side and brown with bear paw prints on the other side. I thought we would do one of those no sew tie fleece blankets. He wanted nothing to do with that. He wanted to sew. And sew we did. He ran the foot pedal as I feed fabric into the machine. It turned out great. He was so proud that he helped make his new blanket. I am very glad that he wanted to sew it. It looks so much nicer than those no sew ones! . . Pics hopefully tomorrow!
 Don't be fooled. He is only pretending to sleep because he doesn't want to be in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment