Friday, April 19, 2013

For the dog that has to stay with you . . . only the best will do.

We were extremely lucky with our last dog.  We knew this fully when we talked about getting another. Don't get me wrong Freki is a great dog. He has never put a paw on the counter or table, doesn't raid the garbage, is not a shoe / house eater, and is incredibly patient with Odin. There is however, a but. . . he cannot be left alone (yet). Like many shelter dogs he suffers from Separation Anxiety. We think there is hope for him and we are working with a trainer and helping him with it. In the meantime he is always with us. He likes riding in the car and he is fine in the car or even the RV so there is hope for him. I think we have figured out a solution for the in between time.




Tonight was the first time we tried it and he seemed to enjoy it. We are going to find a way to clip him in for safety and yes John normally wears a helmet when he rides bike.


1 comment:

  1. My Buddy, My Buddy, where ever I go, he goes.
    My Buddy, My Buddy, My Buddy and me......

    ReplyDelete