Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Back in the saddle

Our move to Washington has been great for many things. Mostly for me is has been great in that I have found a way to be involved with horses again. The farm, where I work and play, is such a great fit. It took me a while to find it, but they are going to have a hard time getting rid of me.

A group of us has been getting ready to do a Limited Distance endurance ride in May. The ride we are hoping to do is a 25 miler. Small peanuts in the endurance world, but for us a great goal. I have thoroughly been enjoying our training rides.

In perpetration for the ride, I have been working with a different horse, in addition to Zarah. Zen (on the right) is an Arabian and is much more mentally sound. I hope to be able to do a ride like this with Zarah someday, but she needs more time undersaddle.

1 comment: