Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Making wrinkly foods

I am borrowing a dehydrator from a friend to make wet foods, dry. I did a grocery bag full of apples, LOVE THEM. They are not a variety of apples that I lust after when fresh, but dried I could have eaten a ton last night.
I also did some blueberries, not my favorite, but still very cool.
I have always wondered if I would like to own a dehydrator, would it get a lot of use? Or just take up space? But I tell you what last night I was looking around for things to dehydrate it was so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. yippee! (although, honestly, I don't think I'm going to use my dehydrator this year.) Does yours have a tray with holes or is it a solid tray? Aunt Emma dehydrates applesauce. Oh my goodness, it is good. But mine has a tray with holes so that's probably not going to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dehydrated pineapple is my favorite. Mmmm... dehydrated pineapple dipped in dark chocolate...

    Did you try cherries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got so far as to remove our dehydrator from the packaging....but mostly it takes up valuable real-estate on our appliance shelf.-Girl

    ReplyDelete