Friday, August 19, 2011

Bedtime Story

Odin has been in a morning day camp this week. It was just what we both needed. Although at times it was hard to motivate him to get up get dressed and eat breakfast, all in all he did a good job.
Today during my "free time" I ran a few errands and found a few new books for him. When I picked him up they were sitting on the backseat and he was looking through them. When he asked me a question about the book, I am Snow, I was surprised because he had read the title himself.  He has had many sight words and has been increasingly interested in print lately but has not wanted to try reading with us at all.
Over dinner we talked about what he wanted to read tonight. I told him I would read one book to him and then suggested that he read one to me. Sure enough I read one new book to him at bedtime tonight (about eagles), then he read me the second one! All by himself! I helped him sound out a few works, but he read the book and was so excited.
He started to read the second one and then asked me to finish. O.K. buddy, but next time . . . it's your turn!

1 comment: