Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Squeak


Of all the random things I thought might happen today little prepared me for a mouse to jump into the car.
As we were walking out the door this morning Odin wanted to chase some squirrels. Sure have at it. He comes back holding what I thought was a dead mouse. I was sitting in the car with the door open and as he was showing it to me, I realized it was alive as it jumped into the car. Fearing thousands of baby mice overtaking the car, I was pleased to keep my composure. It was hiding under my seat. So I simply moved my seat forward and asked Odin to remove it. He was very gentle (far more that I would have been) removing it from the car and taking it to a tree. I was surprised to see the mouse climb a tree so fast. We watched it for a moment and then I spent the rest of the morning talking about why we could not keep it as a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment