Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gus

Sometime yesterday but our pumpkin/jack-o-lantern was named Gus. I suspected that Odin thought it felt disGUSting scooping the seeds out, but I was there the whole time. We brought Gus home from Michigan with us. He hung out in the garage where it was cool for a couple of weeks then yesterday we carved him up. Odin did the design and most of the carving this year, he was very into it. Last year John saw a battery operated pumpkin carving knife and HAD TO HAVE IT. Odin really wanted to use it, but thought the "manual" knife was easier.




Over the last few days Odin wore 3 different costumes. He wore the Army Dress Uniform to his school party.

A sort of Viking costume walking the dog.

And he was Wall-E for the Y's event yesterday and this evening. Ever since our neighbor was Wall-E two years ago, Odin was determined to be Wall-E for Halloween. We borrowed the costume this year and he was so happy.





The response was great, I am not sure if it was in part the costume, but he found lots of candy!


Oh and Samo was a pretty flower.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! COSTUMES!!! My favorite is the candy drawer built into the Wall-E costume, OH and of course Samo's flower.

    and...is it just me or was that actually my viking costume at one time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH....I already loved the military costume from last year or I would have added that to the comment too....

    ReplyDelete