Thursday, June 4, 2009

Travels with Preschooler

Odin is by many definitions a traveler. He thrives on new environs, being out exploring, doing... And luckily for him, we do a fair amount. Currently we are on our way to Michigan to see my family. It is about a 11 or so hour drive that we do in two days now. Especially when it is just he and I. We have a pretty good routine. There is a hotel in Rockford Il we stay in with a pool and nice breakfast. We are usually here in time to swim, shower, eat, etc before bed. It works out well, and I enjoy it. By the time the second day comes, I am rested and stretched out from the previous day.
However this trip (in my head at least) offered new challenges. You see it is the first big one that Odin is no longer wearing diapers. Yes we were in the BWCA two weekends ago, but that did not involve car seats, highways, and the greater Chicago area.
I am happy to report that today went great! Aside from a few tense negotiations at a rest stop involving refusal to use an autoflush toilet (can you imagine if it were a standing loo?) the trip went just like any other.
Lets just hope my typing praise does not somehow change the rest of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment