Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strawberry Season



Now the goodness of summer begins, picking berries in 90 degree weather! Last week it was HOT HOT HOT here. We did something outside each day, but some days our excursions were very brief. Monday we picked strawberries with Jenny, Laura and baby Adam. Brought home 6 pounds. Made about half into jam and the other half was devoured - mmmmmm strawberry shortcake! Some berries made it to the freezer, but lots ended up on cereal. Odin and I went back on Friday morning for another 4.5 pounds. I tried my hand at fruit leather in the oven. We ate half of it this morning, it is very tasty but it spread it way too thin. I think fruit leather is somethign that I am OK with buying, at least for now. It was a lot of time and energy to make it, and we ate the equilevant of 1/2 puound of berries in a morning!

1 comment: