Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Like Father. . .



For the past many years John's parents have given us lift tickets to John's hometown ski hill (best I've been to in MN) Giants Ridge. Now it is a double gift for John and I. We come up for a visit and have a day to do our own thing while Odin gets some Grandparent time. Win win in my book.
We cashed in last weekend and had a lovely time. Auntie Teresa and Adam came up on Saturday and we all ski/snowboarded together. Odin got to come up in the afternoon and then was whisked back home, wonderful.
This was Odin's 3rd time out skiing and he did quite well. I have no reference point but he was enjoying it and made two runs off of the chairlift with John ( of course after a warm up on the bunny hill). He is still between our skis but did a bit skiing toward John (who was backwards). Pretty sweet to watch.

I found a new pair of snowpants for him recently. They have yellow and blue on the knees and John thinks they make Odin look like a mogul skier - can't wait.

On the last run John took Odin through the trees a bit. I should have expected it but as I skied past, I heard a little voice saying " more trees dad, lest go through more trees".


1 comment:

  1. don't worry, in no time he will be heading down the hill in a straight line at full speed...Like Mother like son.....

    ReplyDelete