Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A hoof boot in a mud hole

On Monday, I went on a trail ride with a friend before she moved away to greener pastures.

 We had a great ride, with one tiny exception. The mud hole that we had to cross through to get to the nice trails, stole one of my hoof boots. "My" horse, Zen, was fine for the ride, but I did dismount and walk him through the rocky areas.  Just a little background info, the horses do not wear metal horseshoes, so we use hoof boots when we go on trails to protect their feet.


I had decided to just buy new boots, because this:
 is the general area where it was lost. I went back for the boot today and searched in the mud for about 10-15 minutes. I had an idea of where it might have been, but I was pretty far off.
 I never did see it, but I felt it under the water and was able to get it free from the mud. Yippie!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment