Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Daycare

Today I looked into a daycare option, for the dog.  While we are working with him on separation issues, I thought it would be nice to have options other than leaving him in the car or having him with me (or John).  I called ahead, brought all the proper papers, and took him inside. Freki was a gentleman. Easily passing all of the temperament and social tests. I then left for a two- hour trial period. Approximately fifteen minutes after I left, my phone rang. It was the dog daycare asking me to please come back.
Apparently, Freki figured out how to open the gate latch that lead out of the dog area into the people area. They told me that he did great with the other dogs and he is a great dog, but they were afraid that they could not contain him. It made me wonder, don't dog daycare places exist for dogs that cannot be left at home for various reasons? Such as separation anxiety or need for extra mental stimulation.  I might check with other day care locations. Or not.

That's alright. I felt silly taking my dog to daycare anyways.

It was an interesting day at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment