Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow




Just before Christmas, an a whim, I purchased a snow block maker - you know the kind to make suburban igloos. My sister and I had one growing up. I remember a particular day when she convinced me to lay down in a sled, covered me with another sled, and proceeded to lay snow blocks atop the sled. I do remembering them getting very heavy.

Shortly after the purchase I wondered if we would ever have the requisite snow here in Minnesota. You know the big heavy wet snowflakes needed to make snow sculptures. I cannot believe it, but twice now this JANUARY we have had the right conditions to build a snow fort.
I would really like to try for a roof, we'll see what the weather brings.




With all the snow lately, sadly I must add that the conditions are not ripe for a roof!

1 comment: