Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Shortly after Odin was born my mom gave me a Army dress uniform that had been my dad's. I had no idea what to do with it, so I had it cleaned (it was a bit musty) and hung it in Odin's closet.
A few weeks ago I had him try it on just to see if it might work for Halloween. It fit great. The pants were a little big, but the jacket was great. Now all we needed was a hat. I consulted with my mom and also a picture of my dad (and his twin brother) in the outfits and went out to find a hat. Call it what you will but I found the exact hat in the correct size at the first place I looked. It was even stamped with a date in the late 40's to match the ago of the style of uniform. And it cost $2.99. In the few weeks that past Odin kept on saying he was going to wear a union suit for Halloween. (Not to be confused with a Union Army Uniform)...

We carved pumpkins after breakfast, with some help from Grandma and Grandpa, waited around for an eternity then headed to the zoo. Last year was kind of a bust in the neighborhood trick or treating. There were very few people participating so this year we decided to try the zoo's event. It was great.





Now I am cooking down the Jack O Lanterns. We had 37 pounds of pumpkin and I think I'll get about 15 cups of pumpkin out of it. Mmmmmm pie, muffins and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment