Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here we go.



I am going to try the blog thing. I know, exciting isn't it? But don't get your hopes up too high.. I think you all know me well enough to understand that it may not last very long.
Things here are going swell. We have been out in the canoe quite a bit and it is wonderful. Odin is enjoying it (huzzah!) and stays seated surprising well for a little person that usually cannot stop moving..
I got a new camera yesterday. The elph had an unfortunate experience with a thunderstorm. Actually we all had a *nice* experience with the thunderstorm.. Last Saturday just after putting in for an overnight river trip on the St. Croix.. Storm hit, Odin was terrified (he doesn't like thunder) and the camera was sadly not in its protective zip lock bag. It got soaked. The camera and battery are both shot. Thankfully the card was still good.
So I decided a weather proof model was a sound choice.. I went with the Olympus 1030SW. It is pretty cool. http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1363





Odin has been enjoying the canoe. He has his own paddle and even puts it in the water sometimes. Last weekend he pointed out an eagle to us. Pretty cool.

He so far loves camping. And to tell you the truth by the weekend I am usually ready to leave the house!










The camera stitches together 3 (or 2) images for panoramas in camera!









2 comments:

  1. This is my 1st time "BLOGGING" so I'm not sure but I think it's great but then I'm a Grandmother!!
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys-

    Cool blog. I'm happy to be kept in the loop with the little one. Keep up the good work.

    jody

    PS: Mitchelle you can recycle the water bottle if you haven't already!!

    ReplyDelete